Monday, May 5, 2014

So i saw these in the store and I had to give them a try. I mean Maple and Bacon flavors are perfect. They are supposed to be like breakfast on a chip. Now a lot of people love the kettle style chips and the Kettle Brand is one of the largest brands doing this kind of chip.



On a positive note first of all, these are a 'healthier' potato chip. They are gluten free and made with non-GMO modified ingredients and no preservatives for those who are concerned about those things. For myself, most of that doesn't concern me, I'm more concerned with the flavor.

The chips have a great crisp crunch and unlike a lot of kettle chips aren't overly burnt or hard. Now, as for flavor, these chips are good but fall short in bacon flavor. They have the maple flavor correct and really good, but it lacks the overall saltiness of bacon and it has a little bit of smoke but that alone doesn't equal bacon to me. These actually taste a lot like super sweet barbecue chips rather than Maple Bacon. In the end I will definitely finish the bag but something still feels lacking.


Rating: 6/10

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment